FLUE GAS DESULPHURISATION
MAGO THERMAL is pioneer in Boiler Retrofitting ranging 2 TPH to 100 TPH , Steam Pressure up 115 Bar and Super-heater up to 515 Deg C.
Mago Thermal Has more than 250 successfully running installation out of which more than 100 steam boiler are running on 100 % Petcoke.
PETCOKE is refinery Bi-Product has very High GCV with less than 1 % Ash.
Since year 2000 Indian Industry is using Petcoke for their Process heat and power demand
Petcoke contain high sulphur 6 to 8 %. This sulphur is very corrosive and become threat not only for Steam Boiler and its auxiliaries but also damaging ECO-ENVIRONMENT.
There is strong need to control Air Pollution generated from Boiler /furnaces.
There are following type of Pollutants are generally coming out of stack.
- Suspended particles
Here MAGO THERMAL has developed unique Mechanism FOR SULPHUR RECOVERY SYSTEM
A- PRIMARY TREATMENT
- SULPHUR RECOVERY DURING COMBUSTION ( FURNACE ZONE)
- DRY SCRUBBING in POST COMBUSTION ( FREE BOARD ZONE)
B- SECONDARY TREATMENT
- Wet FGD with NAOH
- SULPHUR RECOVERY DURING COMBUSTION
( FURNACE ZONE)
MAGO THERMAL recommend to use LIME STONE ( CaCO3) along with Bed Material up to 3 to 4 % Fuel in AFBC steam Boiler to capturing SO2 with in the Combustion Zone. With 6-7 % Of Sulphur in Fuel total SOX generation is in range of 2000 PPM
CaCO3(s) + HEAT → CaO(s) + CO2(g)
- DRY SCRUBBING in POST COMBUSTION
( FREE BOARD ZONE).
Ca(OH)2 is sprayed in Free Board zone with specially designed nozzles at strategic location to create DRY SCRUBBING ACTION . The Calcium is recovered in the form of zipsum from ESP.
BY IMPLIMENTING 1 & 2 System SPM Drop up to 700-1000 PPM
Ca(OH)2 + HEAT = CaO. + H2O
Dry sorbent flue gas desulfurization a variety of dry sorbent injection technologies have been developed by MAGO which offer advantages over the wet lime/limestone scrubbers systems which are typically used to scrub power plant flue gases of sulfur dioxide (SO2) today.
MAGO dry scrubbing technologies are more easily retrofitted with Existing Power plants by spending lower capital costs. They rely on complex gas-solid or gas-wet-solid reactions for conversion of gaseous SO2 to solid products, which result in a number of competing and simultaneous reactions which may either hinder or be beneficial to the overall degree of sulfation. Convective pass sorbent injection is the flue gas desulfurization process where Ca(OH)2 is injected in the medium-temperature range of 425–650 Deg C, which usually occurs in the convective tube section of a boiler in the vicinity of the economizer.
Sox 700-1000 PPM laden Flue gases and FLY ASH / UNBRUNT CARBON 8-15 Gm / m3 is passed through Boiler Bank -Convection Bank -Economiser –APH & finally ESP.
Unbrunt Carbon gets recalculated for better efficiency and Zipsum is disposed off to Cement industry / Landfilling.
MAGO Flue gas desulphurization :
Mago Thermal offers world unique Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) System with a minimum 95% Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) removal.
CLICK BELOW TO SEE SCHEMATIC VIEW OF FGD
- The system works equally well on low and high inlet Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) concentrations.
- Even with large variations in the inlet Suphur Dioxide concentrations to the Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system.
- Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) produces an almost constant outlet Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) concentrations. This characteristic of our Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system is due to its operation in the “concentrated absorption chemical mode”. This Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system differs substantially from the other Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) processes.
- The acting chemical in the Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system is Sodium Sulfite.
- The concentration of dissolved solids in this system is maintained at a much higher level than other conventional system enabling our Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system to have low recirculating liquid flow rate (L/G RATIO) to the Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system and more Sulphur Dioxide capturing capacity per unit volume of scrubbing liquid. This characterises in the reduction of recirculation system.6. The Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) system also uses unique non plugging low differential pressure spray type scrubber.
- MAGO THERMAL FGD is also available in horizontal and vertical versions .
MAGO THERMAL HAS SUPPLIED FGD IN TEXTILE, PLYWOOD?LAMINATES & PAPER IND.
MAGO ACHIEVED SULPHUR LEVEL even less than 100 PPM which is far lesser than CPCB norms.
to Know more , please write us on
NAVEEN GOSWAMI, DIRECTOR ( TECH)